How to registerThe registration platform is now open! Please make sure that you read the terms and conditions on this page before you register. In case of questions concerning registration, please contact info[at]ersa.org.
Registration Platform Account
- You already have an account. Please note: If you are a submitter, a Special Session organizer, a Scientific Committee member or part of the LOC, you already have an account and should have received an email with your personal registration link. Please check your e-mail box for your personal registration link and use that to register. If you have not received this email, please contact info[at]ersa.org.
- You do not have an account yet. To register, please fill in the . Please note: Presenting authors (who are submitter at the same time) must register by the 3rd June in order to have their paper(s) scheduled in the programme.
in Euro per person
|Early registration||Late registration||Very late registration & on site|
|Period||until May 13||May 14 – July 31||after July 31|
|RSAI members* – Standard fee||390 €||460 €||485 €|
|RSAI members* – Reduced fee**||270 €||330 €||355 €|
|Non-RSAI members – Standard fee||460 €||530 €||555 €|
|Non-RSAI members – Reduced fee**||290 €||350 €||375 €|
|Accompanying persons***||150 €||150 €||150 €|
|Pre-congress workshops||30 €||30 €||30 €|
|Technical excursions||30 €||30 €||30 €|
*The RSAI member fees are applicable if the participant is a member of RSAI and/or of one of its Super Regional Organisations (ERSA, PRSCO, RSAmericas).
**The reduced fee applies to:
- Ph.D. students younger than 36 years of age on September 1, 2016.
- The ERSA Summer School 2015 participants.
- Delegates from lower income countries (with annual GDP per capita lower than 20,000 USD according to the latest World Bank figures.
- Members of the LOC.
***The accompanying person fee is intended for those who want to accompany a participant to the congress. It is a unique rate applicable only during the entire registration period. The accompanying persons will not be allowed to attend the scientific programme (sessions, round tables, etc.). But they are welcome to attend the Opening Session and the Closing Session as well as ALL social events organised during the congress.
Participant registration includes
- Access to all congress sessions.
- Access to the networking area (including coffee break area and exhibition zone).
- Access to the Smart Room (with computers and internet connection).
- WIFI during the congress period on campus.
- Congress materials (incl. congress book and list of participants) upon confirmation of your registration.
- Lunches and coffee breaks as indicated in the programme.
- Welcome Reception and Official Dinner.
All congress sessions will be held in English.
Accompanying Person’s registration includes
- Access to the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the congress.
- Access to the Networking area (including exhibition zone)
- Lunches and coffee breaks as indicated in the programme.
- Welcome Reception and Official Dinner.
Registration and payment
The congress registration fees are applicable to all participants, except invited keynote speakers, organisers’ guests and accredited press representatives.
Registered participants whose payment is not complete will not be allowed to attend the congress.
Congress participants may register an accompanying person on the participant registration form and pay the due registration fees.
Furthermore, for organisational reasons, only one accompanying person per participant is allowed. Accompanying persons cannot be fellow researchers. If a separate invoice for the accompanying person is requested, please send a message to info[at]ersa.org.
Methods of paymentPayment can be made by bank transfer or credit card. However, we recommend paying by credit card through our secure online registration system. In case of payment by bank transfer, bank charges have to be supported by the participant.
In case of late payment, please send a proof of payment by e-mail to info[at]ersa.org. If the payment or proof of payment is not received by ERSA one week after the deadline, a new invoice with the standard fee will be issued and sent to the participant. If no proof has been sent by e-mail beforehand, then a proof or a letter of guarantee will be required at the registration desk of the congress.
Invoice/receipt/VATAs soon as your registration is received, you will be issued with a debit note (Invoice). A receipt from ERSA will also be sent to participants to confirm the payment.
Please note: If your organisation requires its VAT number to be present on the invoice, please make sure you have filled in the “VAT field” while registering online. If the invoice has to be reissued because of the VAT number missing, penalty fees of 10€ may apply.
Payment liabilityPayment liability of congress fees arises at the time of registration. Where payment is not received prior to the start of the event, the registration will be cancelled notwithstanding the fact that the liability of full payment still exists.
Substitution of participantIf you cannot attend the congress, we are happy to accept a substitute colleague at any time, provided notice is given in writing to info[at]ersa.org.
Cancellation policyCancellations must be made in writing and sent by e-mail to info[at]ersa.org.
Until and including June 30, 2016: 50% (less applicable bank charges) of the paid registration fees will be refunded.
Until and including July 22, 2016: 20% (less applicable bank charges) of the paid registration fees will be refunded.
No refund will be applied to cancellations made after July 22, 2016. Please note: All refunds will be made within two weeks after the end of the congress.
VISA application and official acceptance letterAn official invitation letter for VISA application and an acceptance letter for the congress (required by the institution of the participant) can be requested from the ERSA Office. Please contact info[at]ersa.org if necessary.
RegulationsERSA and the Local Organising Committee in Vienna, Austria reserve the right to make amendments to the programme or any related activity at their discretion.
Force MajeureCongress participants shall not be entitled to any compensation should political or economic circumstances or a case of force majeure (such as natural catastrophes, wars, revolutions, acts of terrorism, etc.) prevent the 56th ERSA Congress from being held or limit its size or modify its nature. Should it not be possible for the 56th ERSA Congress to happen, all registration fees shall remain the property of ERSA.
Acceptance of the terms and conditionsThese registration terms and conditions shall apply to all congress participants and accompanying persons registering online for the 56th ERSA Congress.
How to submitThe submission platform is now closed. In case of questions concerning submission, please contact info[at]ersa.org.
General Themes and Special Session Topics
Guideline for submitting
- The Call for submissions started on December 18, 2015 and ended on February 12, 2016.
- Ordinary, Refereed and Young Scientists Sessions are linked with the General Themes.
- Special Sessions are linked with the Special Session Topics.
- For Refereed Sessions and Young Scientists Sessions, the upload of the papers is mandatory by February 12.
|Type of sessions||General Theme||Special Session Topic||Abstract||Paper Upload||Age < 33|
|Young Scientists Session**||X||X||X||X|
Submitter and Submission
- The submitter must also be (co-)author of the submission. All future correspondence will be sent to the submitter.
- One person is allowed to make at most 2 submissions.
- Amendments can be made until the submission deadline. More details will be given in due time.
- After notification of acceptance, (a) Important amendments like (changing the title, adding/withdrawing a co-author, changing of presenting author, etc) must be requested by email from info[at]ersa.org. (b) The opportunity to upload a paper or amend the uploaded version, will be opened again for all accepted papers. Important: the paper will not be reviewed (again) but it will be posted online for sharing purposes with the congress participants. The agreement of the registered author will be requested.
Epainos Award for Young Scientists
- The prestigeous Epainos Award for young scientists is awarded every year to the best paper presented at the ERSA congress by a young researcher.
- The prize money is € 600 for first prize and € 300 for second prize.
- For a paper to be eligible for the Epainos award
- All co-authors must be less than 33 years old on 1 September 2016;
- None of the co-authors holds a senior position.
- All papers accepted for the Epainos Award competition will be presented in Young Scientists Sessions specially marked as Epainos Session.
- The official criteria and detailed procedures of the Epainos Award are available on the ERSA homepage.
Preparation of Abstracts/Papers – Technical specifications
- Abstracts/Papers must be submitted in English.
- The title must not be written entirely in capital letters (e.g. NOT LIKE THIS).
- Keywords/JEL Codes must not be inserted in the abstract content box.
- Every part (title, content, authors, keywords, JEL codes) should be inserted in the correspondingly labelled boxes of the online submission form.
- The minimum size of the abstract content (excluding title) is 400 words.
- The size of the paper is minimum 25.000 and maximum 40.000 characters (without spaces). Formatting for the paper: Times New Roman 12pt; spacing: 1.5 rows; margins: 2.5cm. Notes (references in the footnotes) in the text should have uniform numbering.
- The paper should be uploaded in pdf format.
Indications to structure your abstractPlease read these suggestions carefully, especially when you are participating at an ERSA congress for the first time!
- Introduction, objectives: A sentence describing the purpose of the research
- Data sources, methods, techniques, modes of inquiry: Describe your selection of observations precisely
- Results, conclusions: Describe your results in a logical sequence. Emphasize new and important aspects of the study and conclusions that you draw
Review and Evaluation
- The Scientific Committee will review abstracts and papers all at the same time.
- The Special Session Convenors will review abstracts and papers all at the same time.
- An abstract/paper can be accepted or rejected from the congress.
- The Scientific Committee is allowed to move a submission to another theme or another type of session than indicated by the author.
- Is the content interesting, informative, novel or important?
- Are the methods valid, the results relevant and the conclusions justified by the data? (for full paper)
- Are the data presented with clarity and with appropriate structure? (for full paper)
Registration – Submitter – Presenting author
- After notification of acceptance, participants are requested to register and pay the due registration fee.
- Registration is effective only after full receipt of payment.
- Only registered participants who have paid the due registration fee will be allowed to attend the congress.
- Only papers of registered participants will be included in the programme.
- All future communication will be with the submitter.
- Submitters who do not register must inform ERSA (info[at]ersa.org) about the co-author who will register and present the paper at the congress.
- The presenting author must be (co)-author of the abstract/paper.
- Every participant will be allowed to make at most 2 presentations during the congress.